Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Sunday 12 May 2013

"Of shoes - and ships - and sealing wax" and ............ Haberdashery !

It's time to talk about our NEW venture, Ethel's Haberdashery.  
It's all very exciting.
About two month's ago I had an Eureka moment and came up with
 an idea for putting the back room in the gallery to good use.
I have an enormous 'stash' of tools, books and materials allied to 
textile making, that I have been collecting for many years.  
I could offer them for sale along with advice and expertise if needed
 and thus 'Ethel's' was conceived.




It took about a month to sort through my stash and see 
what I could bear to part with but eventually
 it was done and we proudly opened our doors on
Easter Saturday.


Since then we have gone from strength to strength, with lots of 
 'crafters', happy to rummage and explore the many delights on display.


I have a small workspace in which to undertake my latest projects
which at the moment are a selection of handmade buttons, (seen above).


I think Ethel approves !




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......