Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Monday 3 June 2013

Ogham .... the Celtic alphabet of trees.

I have just completed a small but intricate textile.


I have mounted it on Silver Birch bark. 
I love using natural backgrounds for presenting my creations.
Hessian is my preferred medium for stitching on. 
It is so flexible and suits my style of  work.
I have used a variety of threads, in bronzes and gold,
 abaca tissue, tyvek, silk rods, beads, buttons and
 a small portion of a vintage doilly, dyed in greens and gold.
I love the technique of needle weaving, 
which I have used to emphasise the delicate structure.


The bark was then mounted on a portion of a branch of wood.
Thus complete, it required a title.
After some research, I decided on
Beith
which is Birch, in the Celtic Language of trees.
Perfect............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......