Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Tuesday 30 July 2013

A rose by any other name.

This week, in the gallery,  I have been preparing for
 Yorkshire Day, on Thursday 1st August.
Decided I would make a Yorkshire Rose and thought it
would look best in crochet (see below)


I was pleased with the result but then there was the problem 
of how to display it. 


Mounted it onto a piece of vintage fabric and embroidered 
'A Yorkshire Rose' in chain stitch.  Especially pleased with
the hanger.  I made a rouleau in matching fabric with a
pale blue vintage lace edge and secured it with 1930's
buttons.  Never tried that before but very satisfied with
the result.


I felt the piece was too floppy so finished it off by backing it 
with white felt and slightly stuffing it.
Et voila .... A Yorkshire Rose is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......