Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Make Do and Mend

 I have been very preoccupied this week with ideas for our 
contribution to the 40's Weekend in Pateley Bridge.
August 17th & 18th.
Had a 'light bulb' moment and thought that the Make-Do and Mend
philosophy promulgated during the Second World War
would fit in perfectly with Ethel's Haberdashery.


I found this lovely image online from the era, that looked a lot like Ethel
and also the two below.

                                                    

Going to make a promotional poster of some sort using these.  
It's still fermenting in my brain.  Going to dress up too.


Highly delighted, I successfully bid for this Land Army Apron on ebay. 
 An idea is forming ...... got to go.
more later.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......