Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Sunday 29 September 2013

'Sheep May Safely Graze'.. with grateful thanks to Johann Sebastian

Can't believe another week has gone and here we are, Sunday again.  
Time to share my musings
Very disappointed not to be able to go to Yarndale.
We are being very careful with our resources, 
until we get on our feet again.
So, my lovely partner sugested an alternative, 
which was closer and more important for us, a free event.
So off we set ....

past Gouthwaite Resevoir


up, up, up, we went, thro' the misty mountains!!

along the long and winding road
 toooo
Masham Sheep Fair 


                 

                                                                   

Just a small selection of the sheep proudly displayed.
Can you believe the colour of the yellow one.
I couldn't! reminded me of my friend Teresa's,
who we met there, unexpectedly, quirky paintingsof sheep.
 Of course I couldn't resist a little spend.
There was a lovely stall in the Town Hall with lots of gorgeous
Handspun Wool.


  It was difficult to chose but I settled on this one.
Thought it would make a lovely shawl or some of
my fingerless mittens.


Then there was this.....
 in the Spinners and Weavers section.
I have been stalled with a sweater, which I blogged about way back in May
 but I think this will be perfect for the sleeves.
Time will tell!
 Before I go, I wanted to share with you this
crochet bag, that I've been working on all week.


This is a 'before' photo, in case my experiment fails.
It's about to go in the washing machine to be felted.
Never done this before.  Might go horribly wrong !
Will share the 'after' photo next time.
Fingers crossed ....



3 comments:

  1. Bag looks great...to be totally honest think I would have liked looking at the sheep rather than the wool...went to Yarndale. The bunting was amazing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, sounds like you were a bit disappointed, perhaps we made the right decision. I contributed to the bunting and would have liked to see it. The bag has felted really nicely. Have a good week.

      Delete
  2. Although good fun, Yarndale was packed and I think you possible had a more relaxing day out! The yarn you purchased is absolutely gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......