Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Sunday 22 September 2013

Turning of the Year

Today we have arrived at 'the Turning of the Year', the Autumn Equinox.
On a Sunday too! 
 I'd forgotten how much I enjoy them.  A day for
reflection on the week past and rest from onerous tasks.
 This week, being, the online shop.
It's a lovely day, in North Yorkshire, blue skies.
  Thought I might share with you the view
 from my studio window 

and ......
the little friends that share the space with me.
Meet ...


The 'Barbie' girls. 


'Joe the clown',
liberated from the Charity Shop.



'Old Fred',
not made by me but a gift from a friend.


'The Wool Gang ',
protectors of my stash.


'Valentine Bear',
given to me on that special day, by my
special man.


The 'Pencil Top Mob'


Collection of little figures that caught my eye. 
and


'Pruedence', dear friend of Ethel,
who gets to try on my hats..... lucky girl.

Lastly I'd better explain about the studio thing.
Sounds a bit pretentious to call it that. Perhaps,
work room  would be more appropriate.
I suppose that's what living with an artist does for you.
He has one 
soooooooooooo
When in Rome !!!!
Postscript:  So excited, had my first sale on Etsy.
Yippee.




8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your shop on Etsy, I'm sure you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. i got so excited. Silly really but I've been trying for ages.

      Delete
  2. Pleased to hear that your Etsy is a success, trying to get my daughter to have a go with her paper cuts. It seems I'm not the only one drowning in toys...happy play time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ethel. Yes it's embarassing at times. I've never grown up. Glad to hear you're a girl after my own heart. Your daughter should have a go on Etsy. Did take me a while to get noticed. So many people doing the same thing. Better go...time to play xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Jacqui ... managed to find you :-) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & commenting. I love your "studio space" .. love all that you share it with too ... would certainly be inspirational having all those wonderful "folk" around you. Happy week - Julie x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, so nice of you to reply to my blog. Can get a bit crowded in the studio at times but wouldn't be without them.
      Happy days to you too Jacqui xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your first Etsy sale, how wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian, I was thrilled. Hope it's not a one off. x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......