Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Saturday 15 February 2014

Can Spring Be Far Behind!

O Wind,
If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
Ode to the West Wind
Percy Bysshe Shelley


The weather has been truly awful this week.
As one commentator put it on Radio 4, this morning.
'We have been suffering from,the relentless onslaught of the weather'.
In Yorkshire, we have run the gamut of all that winter can throw
at us, including ....
hurricane force, westerly winds; 
torrential rain;


an occasional sighting of the sun
and even a sprinkling of this!


However, we have escaped, the worst of it.
I feel so sorry for those people living in the South.
It's truly awful to watch their plight on the media.
It is heartening to see and hear that we, as a country,
have rallied together, in the true Dunkirk Spirit, to help
those in extremis. 'Fodder Aid' being a case , in point.
Not being able to get out much, I have spent most of
the week, working on the fairisle sweater.
Thought you might like to see, how it is progressing.



I have received some goodies, from friends and neighbours.


I was quite overwhelmed by their generosity.


Yesteday, Mr C outdid himself.


A visual feast, as well as a delicious one.
I'm a very lucky girl!
I'll leave you with my,
'Spirit of Spring'


It can't be far  away, can it?
Have a great weekend, everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......