Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Friday 7 February 2014

Hearts and 'Something Blue!'

At the beginning of the week, we entered the Chinese
'Year of the Horse'
The weather, in our corner of North Yorkshire, has been
very mixed.  Lots of rain, interspersed with patches of blue sky 
and sunshine. It has been so mild, that nature is being fooled into
thinking it's Spring.
Captured this photo of a woodpecker, visiting our bird table.
He is resplendent in his mating plumage.

Sorry, about the quality of the photo.
Took it from the kitchen window and
 I was scared if I moved too much, 
he would take flight.

I've been busy this week, crafting gifts.
This is my little offering for Mr C, for
Valentine's Day.


I was given the cardboard container, filled with
sweeties, by a lovely new friend, Agnes.
This gave me and idea!
I love repurposing things and giving them new life.
 I did some needlefelting on a heart, 
 cut out of white felt and glued it to the front.


Crocheted three little hearts, from a pattern
by Lucy from Attic 24 (teeny tiny hearts).
 Attached them to pink ribbon.


It only remained for me to fill, the little box.
 Chocolate, wrapped in tissue, like old fashioned sweets.
Finished it off with a pretty bow.
Hope he likes it!

My next gift was 'something blue'.
\\\\I had such fun, sewing a garter,
for a friend, who is getting married in May.
Traditional sewing is not my forte, so I consulted
You Tube, for a bit of, inspiration and assistance.
Found a great little tutorial and this is the result.

I was really delighted with it. 
Hope she will be too!

Well, that's it for this week, I think.


It only remains for Ethel and I to wish you all
a great weekend
and.......
Ma nian da ji!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......