Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Saturday 30 August 2014

Aftermath!

Well, it's over, and it's taken me all week 
to recover. It's over six years, since we had
a single exhibition, like this and I had forgotten
what a toll it takes, physically!
It took us, 8 - 10 hours to put up,
on the Friday and early hours of Saturday morning
and 4 hours to take down, after we closed on Sunday evening.
Here is a taste, of the event, in photo form.


One of Mr. C's Yorkshire Landscapes.


Paintings on silk by my friend, Jane and some lovely lavender bags,
wrapped in her clourful, silk squares. 
The smell as you came in, was heavenly!


Guest artist, John Hickton, who paints local landscapes, in oils.
and lastly ........


Me!


We had a good footfall and lots of stimulating conversation.
A few things, found new homes, including, this ....


Felted bag, with duck motif. 
Bought to put baby bits and pieces in.
Following the clearing up and stowing away, I
have spent most of the week, working on, 
a little commission from the event.


A pair of black, sequinned, crochet mittens.
I love the little black glass vintage button.
It makes a great finishing touch!
Had a small amount of wool left, just enough to crochet
this, little flower brooch.


A busy week, you will agree.
Hope you are having a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......