Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Saturday 13 December 2014

Winter Wonderland!

The snow arrived this week, making a very festive landscape!


Preparations for the 'Big Day' are in full flow!
The tree is going up today, without doubt my favourite bit.
I love dressing it, in all it's finery. Lots of memories uncovered
 and re-visited, of Christmas's past,  to the strains of carols and cheesy
Christmas songs  ..... all part of the magic!
I have been commissioned to knit some socks, for a present.
The only brief I had was, they had to be colourful.
Knitted up 2 colourways ....


 

She liked both but chose the ones at the top.  Good choice!
Well on the way with the second one but not sure they will be finished on time.
Found this wool, when out on a present foray, in Skipton.


Not sure what I'm going to do with it but I loved the colours.
All those pinks and oranges.
Gone into my 'stash'!
Also, found this little Knitting doll, to add to my collection.


Isn't she cute ... very French looking, I thought.
Oh, la, la!
Lastly, scored this old rugging tool.


I think it's a Punch tool and is in full working order.
I need to do some investigation, on the Net, to find out exactly 
how it works and who made it.
All in all, a very successful trip!
Hope your preparations are well under way.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......