Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Inspiration!


For the last few days, I have been hearing, the call of the
Curlew.  A harbinger of Spring, in these parts!
I walk Daisy, at around 7am. and this morning it was frosty but
absolutely beautiful.



I treasure these early morning, quiet times, when there is no one about.


It's been difficult at home, as Mr C. has broken a rib.
It's very debilitating and painful and of necessity a lot more has fallen
to me to do, so 'time out' has become more important.
I've managed a bit of time in my work room, although up till 
this week, inspiration has been a bit elusive.
I decided not to purchase any new wool, although I was sorely 
tempted, for the 'hap along', I mentioned in my last post.
I searched through my stash and came up with this .....


I bought it from a small producer at the Masham Sheep Fair.
It has delicate shades of pink and blue. Hope it will suit!
I have also found my inspiration for my new stellar rug.


The next step was to abstract, the elements of the picture that 
appealed to me and that I thought would give a pleasing result.
I drew it out and transferred it onto transparency film.

Just need to put it on the overhead projector, so I can blow it up
and draw it onto my hessian background.
Then the hard work begins ....... 
 'one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration'!
Heh! Heh!
Have a good week, everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......