Welcome to my blog.
A place to record and share my musings and my work.
'Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?'

Friday 1 May 2015

Birthday Week!

I've had a birthday this week.
Would you believe, it snowed!
Never happened before, that I can remember.
I had a wonderful day, which culminated in a surprise
dinner party with friends, cooked by Mr C.
Received lots of lovely presents.


Felt slippers that my best and oldest friend, bought all the way
back from Marrakesh!

           

From my youngest son and family.


A button badge maker from my eldest son.
Had a little go and these are the result!


Wool and a sock pattern to go with it.
Can you see a theme emerging!
My friend Ali, from Random Wooliness, made me this ....

A little crochet purse. I love the colours and the
flap is a triumph of freeform,
By one of life's strange coincidences,
she too had a birthday this week!


A lovely little frame, in which 
I put a picture of my granddaughter, Maud.
There was more and some lovely cards too.
Wasn't I a lucky girl!
Hoping to open our gallery in one or two weeks, so
the rest of the week has been spent in making little things.


A tomato pin cushion.
The main body is knitted and the green stalk is crochet.
Pleased with the way it's turned out. 
 Designed and printed some tags to attach to my work.


I have adapted it from a photo of the freeform flower that 
I sent to Australia for Prudence Mapstone's collaborative
 It was such a great image and makes a perfect tag.
Hope you have all had a good week.
Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them.
Brightens up my day.
Will reply soonest.......